Saiorthocare hospitals, Chennai specialist spine surgeons are highly trained & experienced in treating spinal disorders at all levels, from the upper cervical spine (neck) to the sacrum and coccyx (tailbone).
The latest techniques are available at our Saiorthocare Hospitals, Chennai, including endoscopic spinal surgery, microdiscectomy, total disc replacement, minimally invasive fusion surgery and kyphoplasty.
Saiorthocare Hospitals is a true "all in one roof" providing best diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation. Everything from information to injections, to full spinal reconstruction surgery.
What we take care of:
The category of surgeries commonly carry out which include:
- Micro discectomy (removal of the intervertebral disc) and decompressions of nerve roots and spinal cord within the neck and lower back
- Spinal fusion surgery within the neck and lower back
- Disc replacement surgery
- Correction of spinal deformities like scoliosis and kyphosis
- Reconstructions and palliative surgery for spinal tumours
- Surgical treatment of spinal infections
- Revision spinal surgery
All back pain DO NOT REQUIRE SURGERY.
Most of the back pain will be alright by proper exercise therapy & life style modifications.
Types of Back Surgery:
- Spinal Fusion : In spinal fusion, we join spinal bones called vertebrae together. This restricts motion between the bones of the spine. Fusion also limits the stretching of nerves. Spinal Fusion is mainly meant for severe pain while sitting & standing movements of back
- Laminectomy :In Laminectomy, we remove parts of the bone, bone spurs or ligaments in the back. This relieves pressure on spinal nerves that may be causing pain or weakness. This surgery is very much restricted to save the functions of the back bone.
- Foraminotomy :During Foraminotomy, we cut away bone at the sides of the vertebrae to widen the space where nerve roots exit the spine. The enlarged space may relieve pressure on the nerves, there by relieving pain.
- Microdiscectomy : In microdiscectomy, all or part of the disc pressing on a spinal nerve & causing back pain is removed. This is done through a smaller incision
EXPERIENCE ALONE CAN DETERMINE THE TYPE OF SURGERY
Emergency Help-Line: 95000 16172
Dr.S.Srinivasan, Managing Director of Saiorthocare Hospitals Pvt Ltd